Unsanitary water impacts everything from the survival rate of children to the average lifespan of adults. Those who don’t have access to clean water can spend most of the day walking to find and collect clean water for their families.
Many trips are filled with treacherous and unsafe conditions. Here in America all we have to do is turn on a tap and we have all the water we need to drink, cook or bathe. Others, not so far away, have little or no access to even a few gallons a day.
I decided to make it my mission to bring clean drinking water to those who don’t have access. I partnered with Amanda Farahany, John Beasley and Rev. Bill Deneke to found Water Life Hope.
We believe that having access to clean drinking water is a person’s fundamental right. Without it, people cannot exercise their other God-given rights, like the right to life, education and meaningful commerce.
Together we are proud of the wells and water systems we have built across Haiti. We pledge to continue our mission to bring clean drinking water and help eradicate severe poverty across the Caribbean. Thank you so much for your support and we hope you will continue to join us in this life-saving mission.
The Team and Board
- Founder and Executive DirectorEd Buckley is the managing partner of Buckley Beal, LLP. Ed is dedicated to advocating for employee rights, spending his career as a civil rights and employment lawyer. Beyond fighting for his clients in the courtroom, Ed has spent much of his time working to help people in underdeveloped Caribbean countries. His passion for this...
- Secretary & TreasurerFatisha is an executive legal assistant at Buckley Beal and is passionate about working on the right side of the law. She works closely with Ed and serves as a liaison with clients, attorney’s, courts and the media.
- Board MemberGarvin serves as an ambassador for Food for the Poor where he chairs the Atlanta committee. As chairperson, he guides fundraising and philanthropic efforts to reduce poverty and create opportunities for the poor and disadvantaged in the Caribbean and Latin American countries.
- Board MemberReverend William Thomas Deneke is the former Rector of the Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Decatur, Georgia and Dean of the East Atlanta Convocation. He has served on the board of Episcopal Charities in Atlanta and has led many Honduras outreach missions working to provide clean water systems. Father Deneke has been associated with clean...
- Board MemberEric Willis is passionate about helping people solve global issues and reach their full potential. During his career, he has served on many boards across the Atlanta Metro area. Eric is the current owner of CrossFit Decatur, in Decatur, Georgia, the #1 single owned and operated CrossFit affiliate across the franchise. He also serves as...
- Board MemberRachel is a partner at Buckley Beal LLP representing individuals involved in employment law cases including discrimination and retaliation along with negotiating severance agreements.
- Board MemberMark Pettit is President & CEO of Creaxion, one of the nation’s leading marketing firms. Creaxion specializes in consumer, business-to-business and cause-related marketing.
We give 100% of all donations directly to building clean water projects and our overhead is covered by private investors. Water Life Hope is a registered US 501(c)3 nonprofit (see our nonprofit IRS registration document).
IT ALL BEGINS WITH ACCESS TO CLEAN WATER.
In Haiti alone, 4.5 million people don’t have access to clean drinking water.